Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Aerobird Extreme twitching?

Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 AM
djjonesy1985

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aerobird Extreme twitching?

Hey All.

A newbie to flying here. I had a firebird commander, which i figured out and then lost, so i decided to get a aerobird extreme. After 2 or 3 successful flights, I started to run into problems.
I sadly crashed.
Since the crash, the plane does not responed correctly. For example. When i turn the power onto the remote, the motor will occasionally have a slow spin and the servo that connects the V tail left flap does not work, it simply twitches constantly.
I also have a major "fender bender" on the nose and the plastic around the motor has crasked open in 2 or 3 places.

My question is, should I try and rebuild to a flying state, or should i just get a new fueslage. If i decide to rebuild I will need some advise on how to fix the main circuit board back into place and sort the "twitching" servo out.

Thanks

DJ

Edit : I have found a new shell, i just need advise on how to fix the circuit board now.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
steve ypsi mi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Aerobird Extreme twitching?

twitching" servo out.
the servo could have jamed forward or backword's but a good bet is that the gears got stripped in the crash, if you can reach it try moving it back or foreword a short ways by hand if you can reach it and see if it still twitch's, the conections to the battery are terrible, you can move them in and out a short ways, they cause glitching in flight,