Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Aerobird Circuit Board

Old 06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
djjonesy1985

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aerobird Circuit Board

Hey All,

Ok i have taken the motor and circuit board out of the Aerobird. I have noticed that there is a slight crack on the board just under one of the silver columns (I dont know anything about electrics so i dont knwo the names). I have a electric engineer working on it now. He thinks that he may be able to get away with a simple solider job over the crack to re make the connection. What are the chances of this working. I need a new shell, but i can get this for £9. However, if this does not work, then i need a whole new setup which will cost £65. Hence i really want this to work. So i guess my question in a nut shell is, does anyone have a full detail layout of what all the parts etc on the board are and do?
Thanks
Dan
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Aerobird Circuit Board

I'm afraid you're not going to come across a schematic for that board easily, if at all.

Part of it is that these are really "throw away" electronics, and the manufacturer/distributor doesn't really care what goes into the board. It's simpler and cheaper to just install a new board, or even give a customer a whole new fuselage unit, than it is to troubleshoot and repair the board.

They're manufactured overseas(i.e. China), and the distributor buys the planes themselves, not the design, so the schematic doesn't come with the deal anyway. If it were a more expensive, more proprietary design, I'd be inclined to suspect "trade secret" as the reason for the inavailability of a schematic.

At this point, you've really got nothing to lose. Go ahead and have your friend repair the trace on the board. If at all possible, he should solder a wire on to jump over the crack, rather than depend on a solder joint.