Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Gold Eagle XL or mini ventura- good 2nd plane

Old 06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
drumbum37

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Gold Eagle XL or mini ventura- good 2nd plane

I found the Gold Eagle XL for 70 bucks ands was wondering if it is a good plane. http://www.hobby-estore.com/electric...deagle-xl.html
have a firebird scout but time to move on to a 3 channel.

Also is the mini ventura a good plane?-3 channel, 90 bucks

thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Gold Eagle XL or mini ventura- good 2nd plane

That plane looks very similar in design to the HobbyZone Firebird/Aerobird series, and may very well be the exact same plane. The things I think you're going to be lacking, compared to the Aerobird, are the single-stick transmitter and proportional throttle. That transmitter pictured in the accessories area looks like elevator-on-the-left, rudder-on-the-right, throttle-on-a-toggle-switch. The Aerobirds have a transmitter with elevator and rudder on a single stick, and a throttle slider.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:18 AM
marksmu

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That plane is nearly identical...if you have already flown the scout, and you liked it you should move up to a proportional throttle. I started wtih the challenger, and it was a good plane, but after a few weeks, it is grossly inadequate...too slow, not enough performance, and the like....it can do some things, but if youve already got a scout, I would suggest a high wing electric trainer. There are tons out there to choose from...the super decathalon I have flown, and the Cub J3 as well, both are super stable and can fly at low speed and have better handling than any of the v-tail aerobird planes for the same amount of money. Obviously do what your comfortable with doing, but I would not suggest a second v-tail plane unless you really like them...with the high wings you get a 3ch throttle, elevator, rudder, and can do most things...plus most of these have re-usable components if you destory it outright.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:31 AM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi try the xxl gold eagle its 3 channels throttle is a slider fully proportional!!,elevator on left aelerons on right.,well not really aelerons but you get my drift lol.its nearly the same plane but with an upgrade and a better wing.more glide on it.nice stable flier good controll just watch out for the wind [:@]