Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Motor question for my new model

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Motor question for my new model

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:06 PM
jlindsay27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor question for my new model

Hey Everyone,

I have a question regarding an electric motor for my Cub Kit. The kit I am building has a 48" Wingspan and will weigh in about 25-30oz. I am new to electric and would like to convert this over. Eventually it will get floats as well which will up the weight some. Do you think a EFlite 400 Outrunner will fit this application. Keep in mind that I would like a little more power than is necessary to fly the aircraft. Any suggestions would be most helpfull. Thanks and Good Flying
Old 07-15-2005, 06:58 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Motor question for my new model

I would personally go with either of the 2816 series motors from Himax since they are rated for planes up to 40 ounces. They are available here and you can also get combo deal that includes the speed control.

www.bmkdesigns.net

I should add the slower motor can spin a larger prop than the faster motor.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:04 PM
jlindsay27

Default RE: Motor question for my new model

Thanks for the Help. I looked at that URL. Seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks again.

Well, while that Cub is still on the building board, I will be flying my new slow stick tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait! It sure isn't much to look at, but I've heard nothing but great things about them.