Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

slo v help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 PM
nanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slo v help

i bought a slo v a couple of days ago and have crashed it hard and had to make 10 to 15 dollar repairs which was expected. but now my left tail servo is on thr fritz and will not respond to the controler while the right tail works perfect. when the left one does work it makes a clicking noise and shakes alot. and ideas? i am new to the sport and don't have any idea of what it could be
Old 07-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: slo v help

nanc,
Welcome to what we call the PZ Zone. You will soon come to find that the Pz servos are notorious for failing. What you have run into, at least, is a set of stripped gears inside the servo. Check Horizon's web site, you can purchase new gearpacks or servos. Or try your local hobby shop. The electricals are pretty much the low end of quality, but also low priced.
That's how they can sell a complete unit so cheap. Also the Pz equipment is not interchangeable with regular stuff. You'll have to stick with the Pz stuff until you get some flights under your belt and get comfortable with flying. Then if money allows, switch out all the elecs for standard equipment. Your bird will fly better.
And a quick couple of notes on the stock Slo-V. Use the 7 cell battery packs, will give you a little more power. And don't fly in any kind of winds. If you can,fly it early morning or at sunset when the winds are their lowest. Welcome to the hobby, you'll soon find out it will become an addiction.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:37 AM
nanc

Default RE: slo v help

thanks so much for the help i am just going to go down and pick me up new ones