Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

HZ FIREBIRD SCOUT

Old 08-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HZ FIREBIRD SCOUT

my little brother is not too big into planes but i want him to fly. i just know that if he just invested 50-70 dollars hed love it and if he hates it he only spent that much money. im suggesting the firebird scout for him and he kinda likes the idea. he just needs reassuring that flying is both fun and addicting. please all of you pilots tell him that it is fun!!
Old 08-05-2005, 05:16 AM
flyingace451

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HZ FIREBIRD SCOUT

Hehehehehehe. The Firebird Scout is what I learned on. I'M HOOKED!!!!!!!!! If you have one or two successful first flights, you will get hooked. Now I the only thing I talk about to my parents is planes. I'm going flying this morning while my bro is at cross country practice. They get to run right past my flying field. (dang it. Where is that aerial drop module when you need it????)
Old 08-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Dr.Watson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

haha thanks flyingace! i want to show him what you can fly after a couple years. all of you pilots, send pics of your warbirds and other big scale planes! thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Deereret
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not a youngster by any stretch of the imagination (73). I did find a FBS new in box at a garage sale this morning and managed to get it for 15 bucks. Have an EasyStar ARF on order but I can now get to flying sooner. Guy got the FBS for Xmas and did'nt even get it out of the box. Kinda lucky huh?
Gene
Old 08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Dr.Watson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats way lucky! thank you! anymore pilots wanna share their success stories and post pics?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM
flyingace451

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how bout this...go to Glacier's profile and view his gallery. Pretty much all of those planes can go over 100+ mph and they were all modified from a stock 15 dollar plane! Check it out! And go to the 'Parkflyers' forum and in the 'Stryker Way past the limits thread' look for Cadetman's vid. His is also a modified bird. I love that vid...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
sobamanismo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I bought myself and Aerobird Challenger to start out with, he will know instantly if he's addicted it's this odd giddy feeling flying these things around and I'm certainly way hooked. My wife is probably as sick of my new hobby as FlyingAce451's parents are

FlyingAce...my parent's live in Ooltewah and I grew up off of Hwy 158, internet makes this a small little world
Old 08-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Dr.Watson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i just recently bought a GWS PT-17 and flew it today. it flew beautifully until i went to do a loop and it stalled. then came the "SPIRAL OF DEATH!!" i dont care how long you have been in the hobby, we have all experienced that a few times. but he liked the looks of the plane in the air. i told him that once he gets good enough he has warbirds like mine and others that he'll fly and i think i totally changed his perspective on flying. i think he'll get a plane. he doesn't want the FBS though. im encouraging him to get a slow stick and a JR quattro so i can hook up a buddy box and he'll have a radio for the next plane.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 PM
PigBoat_2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a FBS for my b-day a couple of months ago. It is a great plane to start on - if you live near sea level. Way up here in 6,000 ft. Colorado Springs, it just plain sucks. The motor just isn't powerful enough to grab hold of the thin air. Every time I try to fly it, I have good conditions - low wind, big-ass field, all that good stuff - but it just nosedives into the ground. I took it on a trip to San Diego recently and it was taking off from the ground! I have now done much research and have found out that the smart choice would've been the Firebird Commander 2. It is only $30 more (which I have already surpassed in numerous new wings, batteries, and tail sections), and is said to fly quite well up here. Basically what I'm saying and asking is: if you live in 5,000+ elevation, buy a FC2; how can I improve the performance of my FBS - is there a more powerful engine that fits, a larger prop, whatever, just help me get off the ground!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
PigBoat_2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a FBS for my b-day a couple of months ago. It is a great plane to start on - if you live near sea level. Way up here in 6,000 ft. Colorado Springs, it just plain sucks. The motor just isn't powerful enough to grab hold of the thin air. Every time I try to fly it, I have good conditions - low wind, big-ass field, all that good stuff - but it just nosedives into the ground. I took it on a trip to San Diego recently and it was taking off from the ground! I have now done much research and have found out that the smart choice would've been the Firebird Commander 2. It is only $30 more (which I have already surpassed in numerous new wings, batteries, and tail sections), and is said to fly quite well up here. Basically what I'm saying and asking is: if you live in 5,000+ elevation, buy a FC2; how can I improve the performance of my FBS - is there a more powerful engine that fits, a larger prop, whatever, just help me get off the ground!