Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Wing Dragon Question

Old 08-21-2005, 08:34 PM
ANTF7

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Wing Dragon Question

Hello everybody,

I am new to this site and new to flying. My dad was into the sport in the 70's but got out right when I was born. We are now getting into electrics. I just purchased and flew succesfully the Wing Dragon and noticed that the ESC is a little glitchy. I have to sqeeze it and tap on it to get it to work sometimes. I was thinking of putting a new one in. Hobby-Lobby sell's ESC's for their other planes along with Hi-tech radios ( the control box on the WD isn't the best either.) I have another controller from a gas plane that I didn't finish a while back. It is a Hi-Tech Focus 3 with Hs-81 servos and a HAS-3MB Micro receiver. My question is will this controller work in the WD and can a speed controller be used with it.

Thanks,

Anthony
Old 08-23-2005, 05:47 AM
lozza

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Wing Dragon Question

posted in error!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:56 AM
lozza

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Wing Dragon servos and ESC have standard universal plugs on them, so should work with most common modern gear. However, it is possible to connect the plugs to the receiver the wrong way round. So be careful. The WD servos use the Futaba convention for the plug wires - black = - , red = +, white = signal. You will need to know what your receiver is expecting. Any ESC made for brushed motors should be OK provided it is rated high enough for the WD load. The WD ESC is rated at 25 amps continuous, 50 amps peak, but an ESC of much lower capacity would do. I think 15 amps is more than enough. A WD motor with WD 7 cell battery only draws about 7 amps in static test at full throttle, and I would guess with the 8 cell battery it would not exceed 10 amps.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:50 PM
ANTF7

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you