Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Eletric

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Warning
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eletric

Hello,
I am rc pliot and i fly glow engines and i was looking for an eletric to fly around my house i do have alot of land to fly on? what would you all reccomend to start? and how much do you thing that it would cost?

thank for all the input
Old 08-28-2005, 10:35 AM
RandyT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eletric

If you fly glow already then your choices are endless. It's more up to your dollar limit and amount of land. You probably can find a plane like the glow's you fly. A slowflyer like a Mountain Models Magpie or with the sports wing is a great plane. With a brushless outrunner and LiPo batteries, long flight times and quiet if you have neighbors near. 3D foamies like Shockflyers can be flown in your front yard again with an outrunner and LiPo's quiet. Prices will vary on the plane but most are fairly reasonable, $25 up to the sky, brushless motor combo's run in the neighborhood of a $100 plus or minus(depends also on the auw so this can double) a decent charger with LiPo capabilities 100+, then the batteries, this can really vary depending on power needs. Also you can fly with NiMh's, but LiPo's give you much better flight times and less weight. So you see it can really vary. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Eletric

www.mountainmodels.com

Magpie,
Smooth-E

Both have 3 channel slow fly and 4 channel sport wing options.

If you want a real cute slow flyer, the GWS TigerMoth is hard to beat, but it can't handle much wind. Under 5 mph please!!! Can also be flown indoors in a gym or similar space.