Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

help with propellor??????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

help with propellor??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 02:31 PM
kyosho_vonerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with propellor??????

right i flew my plane for the 1st time today......i had it at full throttle dashed it super hard it went up around 60 foot come straight back down at me missed the ground by about half an inch then went up and did 2 loop the loops then smashed into the floor and the rubbish plastic propellor broke....is this normal???????and is there any propellor i can buy which wont brake??????
Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
TubaTom99
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: help with propellor??????

Well, yes, it is normal and, no, they are not indestructible. Most props designed for electric planes are considerably thinner and lighter than the glo counterparts. I guess you could get a glo prop but it would probably weigh more than the rest of your plane, but I think it would be best just to keep your poor plane from smashing into the ground; You would have much more success keeping props in one piece. Some of the slowflyer props are more flexible but will not stand up to much abuse either. Also, and this is just my silly opinion, but perhaps you could start flying a tad more gently until you get the feel for it?

Tom
Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 AM
steve ypsi mi

most people won't answer to a plane looped and crashed, are you a beginer? what name brand plane, war bird?
Sounds like you have it tail heavy or to much throw on the ele or a combo of both thats all I can guess not knowing what type of plane
Old 09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
sprintdawg007

Too much up elevator on the takeoff?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 AM
AgCat1982

2 loop the loops then smashed into the floor and the rubbish plastic propellor broke....is this normal???????and is there any propellor i can buy which wont brake??????
Just to get the wording correct so no one will ignore you, they are just called "loops" period.

You don't want a propeller that will not break in an accident. Something will give and it's better that it's the cheap prop instead of your motor shaft or your motor being torn from plane. As previously stated, learn to NOT crash.

Good luck
Old 10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
cosmic
My Feedback: (2)

Don't know what motor you have, but a prop saver might help.... But always get a few spare props!!!
Ray