Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

HZ Scout - battery upgrades?

Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
Thiink

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HZ Scout - battery upgrades?

Hello forum. I purchased a HZ Firebird Scout on the weekend and have yet to fly it (I could have flown it today, but the weather wasnt up to it). The one thing that is putting me off before I even fly it is the 3hour charge time using the supplied charger for use in Australia (which takes 30mins more than the normally supplied charger, and the Australian spec one doesnt have a timer or a charge light!). 3hours for 8mins flight just doesnt do it for me.

Is there any other battery option I can go with that has a charger for use in Australia? HZ have a peak charger that you can use in your car but if there is something better Im interested.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HZ Scout - battery upgrades?

Hi Thiink
First off let me warn you not to try to put a bigger battery in this bird, stay with the stock size. I did it and fried my electronics completely, had to replace everything except motors. The best thing I can suggest is to get car adapter peak charger, it should charge it up in about 5 to 15 mins. The outlaw is a fun little plane but not real fast and doesn't like wind but still a good plane to learn on. Depending on how much you run full throttle you can keep this plane in air for almost 15 min. trust me you can take this thing almost out of site, remember the higher it is the better it glides, just watch out for wind taking it away.

Good day and Good flying