Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

FB Scout Electronics

Old 10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
drumbum37

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FB Scout Electronics

Is there any way I can put my electronics from my Scout into a simular plane that would cost less than it would be to buy a new one?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FB Scout Electronics

There's nothing saying you can't transfer the electronics to a different plane. This hobby is all about creativity.

The only limitation here is the type of plane that these electronics will fly. You've got one servo for a rudder, and a connection for a motor. Most existing designs also require elevator control, but there's no provision for adding elevator to these electronics.

One idea that popped into my head is a cheap foamie Wal-Mart glider. Very little cost involved to experiment, and the foam fuselage will protect the electronics as you try different things.

Just remember to use the same motor, battery, and prop. The electronics aren't designed for anything else, and you know this combination will work.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:18 PM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FB Scout Electronics

I agree Wall mart has a couple little planes that can be picked up for around $10.00 that would be fun to put equipment in and make them better. I was looking at one last night thinking about taking my FB outlaw apart and puting everything into this little thing I was eyeing for 19.00.It is designed simular to the cessna or a Piper Cub. I my case were talking 2 engines vrs having a rudder but this plane could go either way and fly. They would make great back yard flyers because their small also allowing them to be faster
Good luck and have fun with it
Ace