Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

parkzone j-3 cub 1st flight

Old 10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default parkzone j-3 cub 1st flight

just bought a parkzone j-3 piper cub last week. this is my first plane and i flew it for the first time today for 10 minutes it was so much fun. i have a revo, emaxx, firehammer and fg mt5 i think that they will be collecting alot of dust now that i have a plane. i have 2 questions about the plane. the black rubber cone in front of the prop is that called the spinner. mine came off during flight is it necessary to have one on the plane and how do you people keep it on without falling off. 2 the plane came with an 8.4v 7cell 600mah battery i saw that parkzone makes a 8.4v 7cell 900mah battery will it fit the piper and wont it give you about a 1/3 more runtime. thanks to anyone that replys.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:37 PM
RACER55

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: parkzone j-3 cub 1st flight

Hey, yes that battery will fit in your piper cub. The mah does not make the battery smaller or larger, it will just give you more runtime. Hope that helps
Old 10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks racer55 i will buy one tomorrow. can anyone answer my first question if so thanks alot. new to planes just want to get some help.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:21 AM
bobcagen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

the black rubber cone in front of the prop is that called the spinner. mine came off during flight is it necessary to have one on the plane and how do you people keep it on without falling off.
Mine fell off ages ago and I couldnt get a way to keep it on unless I used a bit of Shoo Goo. Its a bonding agent but it flexable so you can still change props when you need to. Otherwise the only thing it does is keeps it a bit more quiet and may help save the prop shaft. Remember though that if you nose in, that small amount of rubber will really do nothing so I just left it off. Doesnt make any difference and I like the sound of the plane with it off better
Old 10-21-2005, 11:59 PM
05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks bobcagen just what i wanted to know.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:06 AM
05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

racer55 the parkzone 8.4v 7cell 900mah battery will not fit in the piper cub. the cells are alot bigger it is almost double the size of the 600mah. plus the connector is very different. just wanted to let you know so you dont make a wasted trip to the hobby shop for nothing like i did.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:07 PM
MKMotorsport

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ahh... the PZ Cubbie. i taught myself on one too, you'll have alot of fun with it.

The spinner is a good idea espeicially while your learning becuse it will somewhat dampen the blow to the prop shaft and gearbox if you nose in...

a little dab of household silicone will retain it and also allow you to still remove it easily to change props, ect..