Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

GWS Slow Stick Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

GWS Slow Stick Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
LiveDJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Slow Stick Questions

I'm trying to self teach my self to fly. I started with a Tiger Moth 400 and switched to the GWS Slow Stick. I'm using a 25A ESC, 300C motor with the D Gear and 1206 Prop. The battery is a 3 Cell Lipo 1500MA 8C (bought it for the Tiger Moth), the battery seems to have to much power for my current skill level, What would be a better choice? I have a triton charger.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GWS Slow Stick Questions

A 2S Lipo battery might be a good choice. I used 7 cell 650 mah nimh batteries for my SS and got about 12 minutes per pack. I have flown my SS with 7 cell 1150 mah nimh too and got around 20 minutes per flight. It flew a bit different with the heavier pack. I prefered the lighter pack for the way it handled, the bigger pack for flight times.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:12 AM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Slow Stick Questions

A couple things you could do are:

1. Get 1 or 2, 7 cell batteries to train with. Like the A7CBP1150FT at [link=http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=418297&pgid=packs&pid=AIR]Cheap Battery Packs[/link].

Or

2. Put the TM400 motor and 1060 prop on your SS and use your 1500 lipo's. Just put the whole thing on your SS, D gear box and all. You can always lower the throttle for general flying but the extra power is nice to get you out of trouble if you need it. Plus this option doesnt cost you anything. I use a 400 motor on my SS with 8 cell and 7 cell 1150's and it flies great. I am upgrading to lipo's soon.