Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

need phd in to solve problems

Old 10-27-2005, 12:53 PM
hasbeen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default need phd in to solve problems

i see several post here about slow sticks. i am having an on going problem with mine, i hope someone out there can help.
the problem;
the stock motor cut off after a few seconds of full throttle either in the air or on the bench. here is what i have tried doing to correct the problem. tried a new motor and gearbox with the same prop, tried new lipo battery packs, 1200ma and 1500ma both 7.4 volts. i even tried putting 2-1200ma in parallel for more current capacity. put in a new 20 amp speed controller and it still cuts off after a few seconds.
with the throttle at almost full, the motor is pulling right at 6 amps, the pack voltage is around 6.5 and watts are 36 to 38. nothing is hot, motor or speed controller. the radio a jr 8103 and is/ was new at the start of this adventure. the batteries are charged with a triton charger.
any one with any other ideas?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
smokingwreckage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: need phd in to solve problems

I don't understand how you can replace an entire power system and still have the same problem, unless some of the parts don't match.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: need phd in to solve problems

If the voltage is down to 6.5 Volts at only 6 Amps, something is very wrong. These batteries should be holding at least 7.5 Volts if they're any good...

Where did these batteries come from? What are their C ratings? I'd go as far as putting money on your problem being related to weak batteries.