Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Pusher motor help needed

Old 11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
pulquijet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Pusher motor help needed

Hi : Need to know how to fix a pusher electric motor without a pusher prop.
Thank in advance,
Pulqui
Old 11-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Isis

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Pusher motor help needed

Hello,
Is the motor broken or you want to know how to use a reverse timed motor. Motor that spins clockwise as you look at the front of it, or counter from the back. The reverse is true of forward motors. In simpler terms ,you want to use a pusher motor as a tractor motor, one that pulls instead of pushes?
A motor that is designed as a pusher motor will have higher RPM and more power as a pusher rather than a tractor motor. The same is true of a tractor motor.
You will lose RPM by reversing some of these type motors. Some electric motors will give the same RPM no matter which orientation you choose. Tractor or pusher. Forward or reverse. Motors that are timable, You can advance or retard the timing of the motor. Advancing the timing gives more power but less efficiency. Meaning the motor will draw more current (power) from your battery thus shorting your flight time.(efficiency) If you reverse the motor to run the opposite direction you time the motor to run in that direction. Depending on the brand and type of motor. It is wiser to invest in a new motor.

ISIS