Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

plane for gym

Old 11-13-2005, 12:35 AM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default plane for gym

i have been searching around for somthing to do this winter while the snows on the ground and i am looking for a plane that i can fly in a single gym, but i dont want a super easy plane to fly either (flown .40 for a while) so that it keeps me busy for a few monthes of winter and take out on calm days, i dont want a helicopter i have two electric helis that i gave up on due to the crummy electronic they make for them, i was looking at the graupner mosquito thats on hobby lobby but i dont know if that will fly slow enough and turn sharp enough for a gym, any suggestions would be greatly appriciated, i am looking for an arf that preffebly comes with motor, but thats ok if it doesnt, also my price limit for just the plane is about 100$ which should get me somthing decent , i already and micro recievers and servos, and lithium battery chargers so i should be pretty much set besides for the esc. thanks for your help
Old 11-13-2005, 06:37 AM
Flypaper 2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: plane for gym

CheckThe Shockies are made for what you want to do. Tough little birds that can bouce off the walls and come back for more. Eazy to fix if you do have an "incident" with a hot glue gun. Check the Ikarus web site.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
underground flyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was looking at NSP's Extra Tuffe. Will that fly in a gym? I started flying .40 glow planes this summer and I am in the same position of trying to find something to fly indoors this winter. The BIG difference is that I have no electric equipment (batteries, micro-servos, escs, or receivers).
Thanks,
Jack
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Flypaper 2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you choose a Shocky, cut the throws down by about half of what they call for to make it a little more docile for indoors. Dual rates would work if you intend to use it outdoors. Left stick is used a lot more for indoors. Rudder is used for steering more than ailerons. Throttle and elevator is used to fly around slow with nose high which these planes do well. Super Star is what I have and is a good choice as it has a large rudder. Jack: A good combination I use is, Little Screamer motor, Castle Creations 10 amp ESC and Apogee830 ma. Lipo batt. Batt. around 6 to 900 ma. would work well. It,s a weight thing. The lighter you can keep it , the better it will fly indoors.Hope this helps.