Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

AeroAce ROG (Sort-of)

Old 01-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Leo L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default AeroAce ROG (Sort-of)

I added landing gear to my AeroAce. I have not been able to make a successful take-off from the ground yet because the plane starts to make donuts, spinning clockwise. However, it takes off great from the roof of my car. I position it at one end of the roof, either at the windshield or the rear window, and give it full throttle. As it accelerates it starts to turn clockwise and comes off the roof at one of the side windows. It doesn't have quite enough speed at this point to sustain flight, so it starts to drop. By the time that it drpos half way to the ground it has enough lift and comes back up. I'm now trying to land it successfully on the roof to complete the flight cycle.

The wheels that I used are from Du-Bro: 3/8" Micro Tail Wheels w/Retainers; Cat. No. 38MTW.

This adds a whole new dimmension of fun to the AeroAce. Give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10630.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	384809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38849.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	384810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74208.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	384811  
Old 01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
maiden-crash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AeroAce ROG (Sort-of)

there is two problems with this plane because ive had a similar situation with a 2 chanel plane. NO.1 the wheels are way to small which means they have to spin faster which makes them more uncontrollble and they can get stuck in the tiniest of all gaps. NO.2 Have you checked to see if one of the wheels is tighter than the other? try this by moving them both with your fingers and if one needs slightly more strenght to move it then thats what the problem is. As the good wheel moves,the bad one stays in place and so the good wheel circles around it eventually forcing the bad wheel to move slightly. And so they do donuts.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Hope this helps!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Flypaper 2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: AeroAce ROG (Sort-of)

Leo :
Wheel way to far forward is what is causing the groundloops. Common for all planes with gear to far forward. Ideal spot is right below the leading edge of the wing. To far back is where it will try to nose over on you. Try it you'll like it.