Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Firebird Freedom problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Firebird Freedom problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Starmoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Freedom problems

I have sent back my FF to the mail out hobby store I recieved the plane from. Here is exactly what happened, and I'd like to get some thoughts on whether or not you think I'm going to get a new plane. I discharged the battery using the motor and everything went fine. I set the battery on the trickle charger and it charged fine as well. I then put the battery in the plane, and the motor only ran for a 10 sec burst and acted gltichy. I put the battery back on charge, and the light blinked like the battery was down on charge. I waited for the solid light a second time, and the same thing happened. 10 sec burt of motor activity and then nothing. I placed the battery on charge again and the battery started to heat up quite alot. I placed the battery in the plane, and smoke came from the vents near the motor. I looked inside the canopy and the black wire was off the motor!!!!

This plane was farily expensive (180.00 US)....do you all think that the store is going to replace this plane? I can't think of anything I did wrong....
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Firebird Freedom problems

Horizon Hobby, which is the manufacturer of the HobbyZone and ParkZone products, has an excellent reputation of standing behind their products. Your hobby shop should have no problem with getting you an exchange.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Starmoon

Default RE: Firebird Freedom problems

Thanks Leo...that gives me hope. Maybe I'll get a second battery for the shipping value since they said that they woulc credit my account....