Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need advice on finding a person to train me

Old 02-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Barry2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Need advice on finding a person to train me

What is the usual procedure in finding a person to help with training? Would you normally hire someone, or do you just go to a flying club and look for a friendly sort of person and casually ask for a little help? Is it a formal thing or is it a casual thing? Would I need to join the club first?

I am really just looking for someone to help me get the plane trimmed and get through my first flight or so. I am just stepping up from a 2-channel plane to a 3-channel trainer and don't think I need a whole lot of assistance. I plan to do most of my flying in local parks rather than distant club fields.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:01 AM
will

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Need advice on finding a person to train me

Every club usually has an instructor or two. If it's an AMA Chartered club you'll need an AMA License to be able to fly there. If you don't have AMA, a club Intro Pilot can help you out. If you don't intend to join the club, I doubt much help will be handed out. There is no charge for club instructor help.

Perhaps you can check with your LHS and they can direct you to someone that would go to a park to help you.