Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Freedom flyer

Old 02-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Confusedude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom flyer

hi,

i got this plane about 4 months ageo and every time i try to fly it, it crashes. it only staying in the air for a few seconds then falls ive tryed about 4 times. i was wondering is it me? i have no experence with rc airplanes. or is there something wrong with it?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:22 PM
jdetray

Default RE: Freedom flyer

Dude-

I have never owned or flown a Freedom Flyer, but some people are happy with it. Check out this discussion:
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329562]Megatech Freedom Flyer really does fly very good![/link]

On the other hand, some people have had very poor luck with the Freedom Flyer. Since this is your first plane, it is hard to know whether the problem lies with the plane or with your inexperience. In general, Megatech has a poor reputation.

What happens when you fly it? Does it go out of control or does it seem like it doesn't have enough power?

Do you know anyone with R/C flying experience who can help you?

- Jeff
Old 02-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Confusedude

its like it does not have enof power
Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM
jdetray

I suggest you go to the thread I linked to and ask the folks there. They own and fly the Freedom Flyer, and so I expect they can provide much better advice than I can.

- Jeff
Old 02-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Confusedude

ive tryed to make 3 different accouts it wont send the varafacation e mail
Old 02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Leo L

In general, the Megatech planes don't have a good reputation. The Freedom is considered to be one of their best, but it is definitely not a plane for a beginner. The easiest way to learn is to start with a simple 2-channel plane, then move onto a 3-channel trainer; then a 3 channel intermediate, and then a 4-channel. You should check out the beginner threads here, on RC Groups, on RC Hangout and on Radio Control Zone. You might also want to download the FMS simulator program and get some practice on your computer. While you are deciding what to start with, get yourself an Airhogs Aeroace. Its available at Toy-R-Us, Target, Wallmart, etc. for $30. Its only 9" long, and is an absolute blast to fly. Its virtually indestructable, flies for more than 10 minutes per charge and can be flown virtually anywhere: Gym, basketball court, playground, the street in front of your house, etc.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Barry2

Based on what I have read about the Freedom Flyer, it should fly just fine, but it does not have much excess power and will not climb steeply. Maybe you could get an experienced flyer to help you out with the first flight to make sure you are not making a basic mistake like climbing too steeply, turning too quickly, not launching into the wind, flying in too much wind or having the trims set incorrectly, etc.

I have also read that the included battery charger is pretty bad and it is possible that it has damaged the flight battery to the point that it will not support flight any more.