Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

simple antenna issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Mr. Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple antenna issue

Hello all and i am about as new as you can get to the hobby, id say a week. anywho i was tinkering around under the wing of my cessna 182 rtf 3 channel, and disconnected the antenna wire from somewhere, but i cant figure out where or how to put it back, without this knowledge my plane sits without flight. PLEASE HELP ME> thanks everybody this looks like a great forum. MR>NANCE
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Barry2

Default RE: simple antenna issue

Welcome to the forums. What brand is your Cessna 182?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Mr. Nance

It is the parkflyers model. i have found out that i have actually ripped it out. How can i repair it, take it to the store?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
AJ1202

Nance, have you looked to see if you pulled it out of your reciever in the plane, that would be the small device with all the wires going to it, not to be confused with the smaller device with a few wires going to it, that would be your ESC electric speed control, that's the one the battery hooks to so you want the other one. If you have pulled it out from the RX you can repair it but it is a delicate solder job and you have to be sure to put it in the right place. being new I would suggest taking it to your local hobby shop and ask them for help, that's provided they are helpfull people, if you want to tackle it I'm sure someone can talk you through it. I don't have any RX like the one you have or I could post a pic to show where the antenna goes. If you just broke it then your repair will be much easier, just solder it back together and use heat shrink to seal it up, Hope this helps, Good luck with it
Old 03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Mr. Nance

I did in fact break it from the reciever, (RX?) and im planning to buy a new one, hopefully today, can you recommend one? and will it be easy for me to install? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
AJ1202

Nance, the problem is without knowing what electronics are in your plane it is hard to suggest replacment parts, I'm guessing it was a RTF, ready to fly model, most of the time they don't use standard electronics in RTF planes, this means a normal RX won't work as you have to match it to your TX or radio, I would suggest 1 of 2 things, either go back to where you bought it, even if on the net and call them for replacment parts or 2 get someone to repair it, remember your RX and TX have to match channel and frequency
some are AM and some are FM and there are a few different of both freq and channels not to mention neg shift and pos shift
Being new you don't want to get all bogged down with all that just yet
To answer your other question the RX is the easier component to replace as everything just plugs into it. I have one now that a crash yanked the antenna wire out of it that I have to repair
Old 03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Leo L

If your Cessna 182 is the Art-Tech plane that is sold on e-bay, it is the same plane that Parkflyers sells on their site. You should be able to get a replacement receiver from Parkflyers.