Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Bill Lowen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I am building my first electric airplane and I am stuck. I am currently putting together a Great Planes Mini Super Sportser which was profiled in this month's AMA mag. It uses a speed 400 motor. The manual recomended a Electrifly 8 Cell 9.6 volt 1100 MAh NiMH battery. My hobby store reccomended a Great Planes Electrifly c25 Mini ESC. I am also using a JR 4 channel receiver and transmitter. I am having a hard time setting up the ESC. Is it necessary to install the motor capacitors? It says to solder them on the pos and neg leads and to the motor casing, but the motor leads are not sticking out of the motor. The plane's manual says to strip off the ESC's motor leads and to install the bullet connecters that came with the plane. Also the red and black connecter coming of the battery side of the ESC has a connection that will fit into nothing I have. I assume you wire the motor leads to the motor, the battery leads to the battery(how I don't know) and the the black/red/white wire connecter to the receiver. Am I missing something? Do I have to put a different kind of connecter on the end of the ESC's battery leads that will match up to my battery? Please help... pictures or weblinks would be helpful.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Bill Lowen

Default RE: Help

a couple of more pics

Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 PM
lulubelle

THe motor wonn't turn?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Mayday!Mayday!

The battery that is in your picture has a bec plug. The esc(battery side) has a Dean's Ultra Plug. My suggestion is to cut the end off the battery (NOTE: one wire at a time, so you don't short it out) and solder on a female dean's connector.
I think dean's are the best, I use them on everything.
You may also have to put a male deans on your charger to be able to charge.
The capacitors solder to the posts on the motor.
The red, white, blue wire goes to the throttle channel on the RX.
The bullet conntors are fine like they are.
Also what ever you do remember red to red, black to black, so on and so on. BG
Old 03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Bill Lowen

What about the capacitors? Are they nessecary and any good tips on how to install them?