Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

First Airplane

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Hoof Hearted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Airplane

Hi, i am looking to buy an airplane. perferably ARF. I'm only 13 so i don't have that much money. I preffer an airplane priced around 60.00 dollars or less. No more than 120.00 dollars. if anybody has a sugestion or airplane they would like to sell, please reply.

Thanks,
H H[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
FlyWV

Default RE: First Airplane

Go to Kmart, Toys R Us, Target, or Walmart and get a plane called Air Hogs Aero Ace. It will be $30 everywhere but wal mart, which is $40. If you tell them everywhere else is $30, they'll sell it to you at that price. I cannot stress how fun these little planes are. They are the perfect intro to R/C flight. I fly mine more than my big planes, and in more places, just stock up on AA batteries or get rechargable ones.
Look at www. Raidentech.com They have a bunch of decent planes for under $100 ready to fly, 2 channel and 3 channel. I'd start with a 2ch just to get the hang of flying, then move up.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Leo L

Definitely get the AeroAce. Best beginner plane: easy to learn, flies for about 12-15 minutes per charge, virtually indestructable.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Tommyr

Absolutely get an Aero Ace! You will LOVE that little plane! It will be the best $30 you ever spent!

You will smile and laugh as you fly it, it is THAT much fun!

Tom
Old 03-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Hoof Hearted

I've already had an airplane kind of like the aeroace, but it was a flying wing style. I was pretty successful with it and i'm thinking about getting a parkflyer. if anybody knows of one that would be good, please tell me

H H[&:]
Old 03-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: Hoof Hearted

I've already had an airplane kind of like the aeroace, but it was a flying wing style. I was pretty successful with it and i'm thinking about getting a parkflyer. if anybody knows of one that would be good, please tell me

H H[&:]

The Parkzone Slo-V.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Hoof Hearted

does the slo-v come in an arf version or is it only rtf?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: Hoof Hearted

does the slo-v come in an arf version or is it only rtf?

Well it's sort of RTF, you have to assemble it which takes about 20 minutes or so.

Tom
Old 03-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Hoof Hearted

what do you think of the easystar? i've been looking around and it is suppose to be a good plane.

H H
Old 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
slostick

look at the thread that is sticky "GOOD FIRST PLANES". it tells a lot about each plane in several types. some are for 600 x 600 area flying, 200 x 200, or smaller square foot area. this has a lot to do with choices. if your local area to fly is only 200 x 200 you would not want a plane that is too fast and only fit for 600 x 600. i like the slow stick to start with. it can be flown in the area of a foot ball or baseball field. the wind should be no more than 5 mph. a beginner should start flying in winds no more than 5 mph i think. a little practice and a couple months and the beginner is ready for the slow stick to get a brushless outrunner and ailerons. it can handle 10 mph winds then easily.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:55 PM
slostick

on the slow stick the ailerons can be cut out in the indicated spot on the wings shown by the indentions. a packing tape hinge will work. a "y" harness from the reciever goes to a servo mounted with servo double sided tape underneath it and packing tape around it . the servo is lying on its side. a dubro EZ connector is on the servo arm and a short length of music wire connects it to the control arm on the aileron. many brushless outrunners have a stick mount available or sold with it thus a simple switch with the stock motor that has a stick mount.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:18 AM
slostick

further notes on the slow stick mod:
tape the loose wires down so that nothing snags them and they cause less drag. put an extension between the y-harness and the reciever so that you unplug the harness from the extension and dont need to plug and unplug at the reciever. the extension should be long enough to knot around the aluminum stick so if the wing is pulled or knocked aside the extension doesnt pull on the reciever connection.