Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Battery discharges

Old 04-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Schu8181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery discharges

Is it a good idea to completely discharge your battery at the end of the day after you are done flying? I know that before you charge the battery for the first time, it is suggested that you completely discharge, but I was wondering if this should be done every time.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 AM
jdetray

Default RE: Battery discharges

If the batteries are lithium polymers (lipos), the answer is a definite NO. Completely discharging lipos is a good way to ruin them. Neither should lipos be discharged before you charge them for the first time.

The rules for nickel-based batteries are different. You might want to do some reading at [link=http://www.batteryuniversity.com/]Battery University[/link].

- Jeff
Old 05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Schu8181

Default RE: Battery discharges

no, i don't have lipo batteries, just the standard battery pack that come with a firebird commander 2.