Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

R114F MICRO RECEIVER HELP ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

R114F MICRO RECEIVER HELP ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:13 PM
WAD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R114F MICRO RECEIVER HELP ?

I bout a flatout untimate combo from Tower hobbies
(included electrifly C12 ESC and futaba controller with R114F receiver)
I cannot get the channel 4 (rudder) servo to respond
i swapped servos and it does "jump" when you first plug it in while the battery is on, but no response from the left stick (mocing left or right)

is there a way I can test to make sure my new controller is not broke?

any ideas?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:19 PM
madbassist

Default RE: R114F MICRO RECEIVER HELP ?

If you have a multimeter see if the servo is getting any current. Just touch the leads of the meter to the positive and negative on the reciever. If youve got current there, check the signal line.

Also, have you tried switching servos? It might be a bad controller in the servo.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Fuzz1029
My Feedback: (3)

I am having the exact same problem. I am using a 6EXA transmitter, Futaba 3108 servos, and a new "short" crystal in the R114F receiver. Changing the servos does not correct the problem. I did plug all the equipment (except crystal) into a standard receiver and found all the parts are working correctly. I sent an email to Hobby Service yesterday and expect to hear something within the next couple of days. I will post their suggestions when and if they respond. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to chime in.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Fuzz1029
My Feedback: (3)

Here is the response I received from Hobby Services.

"I am sorry that you have had a problem with one of our products. What are the endpoints on the rudder channel? Do you have a p-mix that is active?

If you believe your product to be defective and under warranty replacement, please ship it to...with a brief letter describing the problem you have had and include a copy of your receipt from purchase. Our staff will inspect your product and will notify you regarding their findings. If it is found to be a warranty defect, the product will be repaired or replaced at our option at no cost to you. If it is not a failure covered under warranty, you will be notified of your options for return, repair or replacement."

Translation-buy another one or ship it in for repairs.

I will be going to the LHS to try another receiver. If it is a bad receiver I will be purchasing Hitec instead. Too many people having the same issue with this model receiver.