Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

noobie looking for correct prop

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

noobie looking for correct prop

Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 PM
homer1475

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noobie looking for correct prop

ok
im new to r/cing and have purchased a yak 55 3d arf model airplane ive broken my first prop that comes with the model. I can purchase an exact prop from tower hobbies but can not from my local hobbie store, its an 11x4.5s (what is says on the prop) since im new to this and have no idea what prop to rebuy as i dont really want to order a 3 dollar part online for 5 dollars s/h. just curious as to what prop i could buy as a replacement
Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
homer1475

Default RE: noobie looking for correct prop

just to reiterate
i have a flying partner in my club that helps me but as he is away on work i cant ask him.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
coolbean

Default RE: noobie looking for correct prop

If the guy who works the hobby shop is worth anything then he should be able to tell you... If not then you need to post what motor/battery/esc you are using. If you are using an 11x4.5 then you might be able to go to an 11x4, 11x5, 12X4, or 10X5 with no problems... but then again you might just fry something. It also depends on what brand prop you have available. Is it the thin orange ones(GWS) Or slightly thicker grey ones (APC) or ?? I can assume the s in the prop rating you gave is a slowfly prop, does it start out thin near the hub then get really fat and looks pretty rounded or is it pretty uniform and relativly straight?