Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Aerobird Challenger vs. T-Hawk

Old 05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
SUPERGONZO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Aerobird Challenger vs. T-Hawk

I did a comprehensive flying test of these two great beginner planes. Flew them both back and forth for hours on end.
They both fly great. However I believe the T-Hawk to be the slightly smoother flyer. It seems to have just the right amount of throw to make turns easily but still not too much as to get you in trouble.

The Aerobird challenger flies great at the beginner level IF you have a big enough area to fly it in. As the turns are wide in this mode. It flies just as well as the T-Hawk in this mode assuming you don't mind long sweeping turns. In PRO mode the turns are MUCH sharper and you have much greater control, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon your skill level.

I am basically a Aerobird guy, but I admit that the T-Hawk can do as well or slightly better in some cases. Both can do basic tricks without alot of difficulty. The landing gear on both stink, don't use em'.
==============================================
Either choice is a big winner
Old 05-17-2006, 05:14 AM
kulgan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Aerobird Challenger vs. T-Hawk

SUPERGONZO
Could you please tell me what the wind conditions were when you tested the planes.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:26 AM
SUPERGONZO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I tested them one day with no wind whatsoever, and I have been out with both today actually since 6:00 am with a 7-12 mph SW wind.
They both can take a bit a wind, just make sure you adjust for slightly down elevator when flying into the wind. Both planes are excellent performers. These are planes that as built actually DO what they are supposed too! That is fly without much hassle.
The Aerobird appears to have slightly better lift characteristics, however the T- Hawk is just slightly more stable once high up.

I forgot to mention one thing regarding the Aerobird Challenger since first flying it 9 months ago. The V-Tail is great for beginners as the tail can take alot of abuse and when landing in the grass it does not get stressed and or bent/broke. This works out great. However after many flights Gravity, Wind, Sharp Turns, and many other little things will eventually cause the V-Tail to try and straighten itself out (flat). This will require you to re-inforce the V-Tail and or constantly make adjustments to the nylon wires that control the tail surfaces. This is not a problem, but it is something that requires attention, or one day you will suddenly have control problems. Just the slightest difference in the V-Tail angle will be noticeable.

Another place on this board is an excellent thread regarding re-inforcement of the motors, tail boom, battery, etc. That applies to both planes. I highly recommend reading it and doing the REQUIRED re-inforcement steps in those areas. This will help you fly much longer without so much pain.[:'(]
Old 08-28-2006, 05:28 AM
foreverNight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

IMO the T hawk is far better plane. You can put your own gear and it can barrel roll. Its just a far better overall package.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Bigguz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can you give me a link to that thread about reinforcement? And thanks for the tips in this thread as well
Old 08-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Bigguz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can you give me a link to that thread about reinforcement? And thanks for the tips in this thread as well