Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Electric Piper Cub for beginner?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Electric Piper Cub for beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:27 AM
snowboyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Piper Cub for beginner?

I am currently flying a small RC electric glider and am reasonably experienced with different conditions.

I want to move to an electric plane with airelons for the first time. I thought a piper cub should be ok. But I have seen people talk about it not being a good plane for beginners (usually talking about gas with ground takeoff). Should I heed their advice, or wont it be too big an issue?

I have no problem with beginner type planes in FMS flight simulator.

Look forward to your thoughts...
Old 05-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Electric Piper Cub for beginner?

I don't know of any Cubs that are currently on the market that would be a good beginner plane. Generally, the Cub is considered an intermediate trainer: a good second plane. The one exception might be the new Cub being introduced later this spring or early summer by HobbyZone. From the descriptions, it sounds like a better beginner's plane than their Firebird Freedom. If you can wait until it is released, it might be the way to go for you. If not, then I would suggest that you consider some of the truly good beginner planes: SloStick; Slow-V; Aerobird Challenger; T-hawk; SkyFly; EasyStar; etc.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 AM
mudpuppy

Default RE: Electric Piper Cub for beginner?

[link=http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/MainMenuFV4.html?E+Sig]Sig Kadet EP-42[/link]