Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Slow-V continued

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 PM
wotan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow-V continued

Is the correct motor Glacier Girl recommends for this hop up the "1320 Venom Raceing Fireball Mini Series 370 motor" for $15.99 at Venom Raceing?? I hope someone knows as it looks like a really good and easy hop up for the Slow-V.

Thank you - Wotan

(in reply to ga8tr)
Post #: 30

RE: Park Zone Slow V - 6/2/2006 11:18:49 PM

wotan1
Super Contributor

Status: online I have just purchased a Slow-V and am in the process of putting it together. It has been a little difficult for me, a 70 year old beginner. I've got the tail assembly left to do and my hands do not want to do the things they used to do.

To have something very simple to bang up and hopefully learn something from, I got a Firebird Scout at the same time. I have put that together - a lot easier than the V. However, I have not been able to keep it in the air from a hand launch. It just goes straight out, decends and makes a rather hard landing. It seems like there is not enough power for it to fly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If I manage to get the tail on right and the winds are kind, I will try the V this weekend.

wotan

Hello folks
I am quoteing myself here. I noticed that where I did put these originally the post just before was in January. I hope this will catch some ones eve.

On advice from this forum I did purchase a Slow-V and am saving my Firebird Freedom for my next plane. I did get one real nice flite out of the Firebird but then some baad trouble. The latest on my Slow-V is that by some miracle I did get the tail on, correctly I hope but then found that the electronics did not appear to work. I will have to wait to see what happens with this now.

I have enjoyed this forum a lot and learned a great deal. I hope somebody will be able to respond to the earlier questions in this post. Thank you

wotan
Old 06-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Slow-V continued

Don't worry about the Venom motor at this time. The Slow-V should fly fine in stock form, but if you want more speed and power, simply buy the 7 cell Decathlon/Cub battery from ParkZone. The battery is listed as an upgrade for the Slow-V and really makes the plane fly nicely. If you use the 7-cell battery, shift the wing as far forward as you can to compensate for the extra weight of the larger battery. With the wing all the way forward it is a little slower to respond to the controls, but a little better against gusts of wind. Have Fun! The Slow-V is a terrific plane.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
wotan1

Thanks again Leo L. It was your reply to my misadventure with my Firebird Freedom that got me to dig up enough money for a Slow-V. From the reading I've done on this forum I thought that the venom motor would make it possible for the Slow-V to handle a little wind.
I will certainly do the battery upgrade. I have not even had a successful flight with the Scout. I an not sure why and now it has been breezy the last few days.

I have the Slow-V all built but it has come with a dead electrical system. RedRocket is sending me a new one. Then I hope to find out about this great plane. The winds here in Anchorage are not as bad as I originally made out but it does get frustrating waiting for a really calm time.

I have 2 of the cigarette lighter battery peak chargers but only 1 adapter cord for the sockets, the one that came with the Freedom did not have an adapter. Could you let me know what cord to order from Horizon or Park Zone.

Thanks again Leo L.

wotan
Old 06-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Leo L

The upgrade 7 cell battery has the same little black connector as the stock 6 cell battery that came with your Slow-V. If you need another adapter for the charger, call Horizon Hobby and order one from them.

Try not to get frustrated waiting for good flying weather. You might want to consider getting up early and flying right at sunrise. In most areas that is when the wind is at its least. There have been many days here when there has been virtually no wind at 6:00AM, but too much wind to fly by 8:00AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Mick@Nite

Wotan...

Make sure to check out the Slo V forum in the Park flyers section here. There's a ton of great Slo V information.

Good luck...it's a great plane to fly!

Mick
Old 06-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Mick@Nite

Wotan...pardon me for being too lazy to give you the link to the forum.....here it is...

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2074785/tm.htm]Prk Flyers Slo-V Forum[/link]

again...good luck!

Mick