Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

550 Brushed to brushless

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

550 Brushed to brushless

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 AM
qwazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 550 Brushed to brushless

Hi All,
I have an electric glider with a 550 brushed motor running a direct drive 8x4 prop. I am running this on 8.4 NMh Battery. I would like to replace the 550 Brushed motor with a brushless one. Unfortunately I am not familiar with brushless motors and have no clue what brushless motor would be an equivalent replacement for a 550 brushed motor.

The motor sits inside the plastic fuselage, so it would have to be roughly the same diameter as a typical 550 brushed can motor.

Can someone give me suggestion to brushless motor replace ment. I would like not just the name brand but the actual model number of the branch.

Thank you,
Michael
Old 06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
ka0hyz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 550 Brushed to brushless

May I ask witch glider?Just wondering like you witch would be a good replacment in brushless?
How long of flight time u get with ur glider get?
I got a motor like urs ,its supose to be a 600 by greartplanes but find no marking,useing a 2:0.1 gear reduction,8.4v pack and was turning 7000 rpms with a 9-6 prop,got about 8 minutes at about full thotle.But Iam thinging this will not fly the electtric J3 cub by Great planes..Any thought would be great..
Just new at this electric flight..
Thank u all