Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

GP ff Yak 54 Technical help for newbee.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

GP ff Yak 54 Technical help for newbee.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Smoggyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP ff Yak 54 Technical help for newbee.

I have just recieved my first electric plane, GP Flight Flex Yak 54,
Its a bit different to what I am used to and I am not sure about assembly. GP recomend using a glue gun, is this the best way or is there any disadvantage using foam safe CA.

I have small doubt regarding the gearbox, it seems extreamly fragile, is there one available that will handle the expected misshaps.

One last thing, I had everything shiped from the USA to Kuwait but Tower would not supply the Lipo's, I have found some in country but not sure if they will be ok. they are, 3 cell, 11.1v, 10-12c, 1700mah, 120 grams.

I got the full spares list to go with it and the Acu lite elite charger.

This is my first attempt at Electric flight, and I dont want to fluff it first time round because I used the wrong equipment.

Thank for the help.
Dave H
Old 07-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Hatty

Default RE: GP ff Yak 54 Technical help for newbee.

If this is your first plane, then you might want to go with something more forgiving, like a trainer.

Anyways, ive never used hot glue on airplanes before, but with this type of foam, thats probably what I would use. I don't think I would use CA on that foam.

Your LiPo battery will work fine.

And the gearbox is fine too. If you crash hard enough, anything will break. It will be able to hold up to normal use.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Smoggyboy

Default RE: GP ff Yak 54 Technical help for newbee.

Hatty,
Thanks I feel good about the main expence now ,the batts.
It is not my first plane by a long way, although I am self tought, I am flighing, WM VeloxII, WM 60 Zero, and still play around with my Low wing trainer now and again. I am just a bit tired of carting a tone of gear with me to the field every time, so this seemed the perfect solution.
Off to buy a glue gun.

Thanks again.