Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Prop Nut tightengin and Brushless motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Prop Nut tightengin and Brushless motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM
cdub50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Nut tightengin and Brushless motor?

Help please. I have a 400 speed brushless motor, and I just threw the prop. It is most difficult to get any kind of tightening due to the motor turns when I try to tighten the nut. What do you do to get a tight enough fit, but do not throw the prop? I think it lost it's grip on the motor post.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Prop Nut tightengin and Brushless motor?

Do you have a "collet type" prop adapter? It looks like a big dremel collet on the back where it slides over the motor shaft. Those can be tricky to get started sometimes, but once you get them to catch, you can tighten them down by holding on to the propeller for leverage. The trick is to get the nut tight enough at first so the prop won't slip. Once you have it to where you can hold a prop blade and tighten the nut, it's smooth sailing, and you can tighten it down as tight as you want.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 AM
cdub50

Default RE: Prop Nut tightengin and Brushless motor?

Is there some other type of connector that is more reliable? I am having some difficulty with this one.....