Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Li-po Chargers, I need cheap and quick set up

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Li-po Chargers, I need cheap and quick set up

Old 07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
DiNo Skillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-po Chargers, I need cheap and quick set up

hello all, I'm looking for a good charger and power supply or all in one charger for a Li-po 2 cell 7.4v 1320 battery. Does anyone know what a decent set up under $40 would be? I am new to Electric flight and have plenty of questions.

Thanks,
Dino

If you fly it, they will come.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Li-po Chargers, I need cheap and quick set up

Di No
Several companies make the small wall wart type of chargers for lipos. Art-Tech and Gws are two that I have seen. You just plug them in a wall socket connect your lipo and when it is charged you get a green light. I think they are around 20 bucks. one charges 2 cell pack and another charges 3 cell packs. The down side of them is they only charge at 1 amp so it will take more than one hour to chargeyour 1320ma lipo. BP hobbies carries the Art-Tech brand I think Maybe your LHS carries the GWS brand, mine does. One thing about them is they are so simple to use with no options its pretty hard to screw up your lipo doing it. But you should still keep an eye on them when your charging lipos always. Also get a cheap digital volt meter at Harbor freight or somplace to check your voltage of the packs as you charge them. Cant be too carefull with Lipos.
Good Luck
Bob
Old 07-28-2006, 09:46 AM
DiNo Skillz

Default RE: Li-po Chargers, I need cheap and quick set up

Thats very helpful, thanks!

Dino