Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

2 questions (I hope this is the correct forum)

Old 08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 2 questions (I hope this is the correct forum)

1. I am presently using Sermos connectors (Anderson Power Poles) with my nimh batteries. I just purchased a 4s3p 4000 mah lipo for my winter project. It was strongly suggested that I change from the Sermos connectors to Deans Ultra connectors. Except for the polarity issue is/are there any other reason(s) to convert everything to Deans Ultra connectors?

2. My Freedom 3D is running a Mega 22/20/2 motor with a 5:1 Monster gearbox, 16x8 E-prop and a Castle 70amp ESC on a 10 cell 3300 nimh pack. In order to reduce weight, can I run this setup on a 4s3p 4000 mah lipo without damaging the motor ?

I presume that IF the motor will handle the 14.4 volts I will need to change the prop. Suggestions for dia x pitch ?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Hatty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2 questions (I hope this is the correct forum)

Deans connectors have a VERY low resistance. And they are used a lot more than Sermos. I'm a big fan of Deans.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
billz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Campy,

I've been using APP (sermos) connectors on all my battery and ESC connections for a couple of years now. I use a APP crimper so have a solderless connection. I have Thunder Power 1325 and 2100 3 cells lipos and haven't had an issue. They should work fine, no need to switch over to Deans.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would like to thank everyone about the sermos/deans plugs issue. I will be staying with the sermos plugs, besides, they are easier for my "ham hands" to grab onto .

Any suggestions on a dia x pitch prop ? I had been thinking (dangerous thing ) that possibly a 14 x7 or 14 x 8 would be a good size.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:48 PM
coolbean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Campy, your prop choice is right on. With the 14X8 while you are low on amps with about 47 (motor maxxes at 70) , you would be spot on for watts at about 585 (maxxes at 600). That motor is designed for high performace with lower volts.

In case you are interested, i got all my calculations from here.
[link=http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp]http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp[/link]
Old 09-02-2006, 07:08 PM
stinky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Stay with the power poles I am a deans user and have just found they a limitted to 45 amps they say so. I have been putting 53 amps thru them and just reasonly started to see problems in there use at high amperage! but remember that power poles are rated at 45 mps also unless you but the next size 90 amps and they are getting pretty big then wire size on them is 6 but you can solder your wires in them.
steve