Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

First parkflyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Ferias flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First parkflyer

Hi, I was looking into buying an ep trainer. Thought of kyosho's m24's, piper cub or cessna in foam-like material. Are they any good?

Greg
Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
groundcheck

Default RE: First parkflyer

The kyosho Piper cub is a great plane. Parkzone uses the same plane in their RTF kit, and I have realy enjoyed mine.

The PZ version is not sold as a trainer. It is a little trickier to fly than a pusher prop trainer, but not harder than a glowplug trainer would be. Its easy to fly, fairly forgiving, and very stable in flight.

In the wind, the cub is a handfull to fly, but it can handle winds that ground many other slow flying planes.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:22 AM
Ferias flyer

Thanks for the advice!

Ferias flyer
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 PM
patnchris

If you're ok with an RTF model, I highly recommend the HobbyZone Super Cub.....I am a newbie and I can fly it with no problem......It has plenty of power, looks good, and handles easily......Without any modification......Just remember to shut off the Automatic Crash Technology switch......I swear whoever invented that feature has probably tripled the company parts sales, or has put more good planes in the trash can, than I can count......I have an e-mail inquiry to HobbyZone about how to delete this feature and just having the switch be a hi/lo rate control.....Hope to hear from them tomorrow.....jmho....Pat