Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

How do you charge this thing!! Help, Newbie to Lipos

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

How do you charge this thing!! Help, Newbie to Lipos

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 PM
zope_pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you charge this thing!! Help, Newbie to Lipos

Hey guys,

Almost completed my Airfoilz Edge and this is my first electric. Many years in glow, but I have never tried anything but nicad and nimh. I have a Thunder Power 1320 11.1v 3cell, and it came with two leads to connect to the esc, and another lead with four connectors. The leads I am used to have three connectors and on batteries only two are actually there. Any help figuring out the best way to charge this would be great. I have an accucycle elite which supports Lipo's. Thanks in advance.

Adam
Old 08-12-2006, 09:29 PM
jdetray

Default RE: How do you charge this thing!! Help, Newbie to Lipos

The 4-pin connector is the balancer connector. If you have a compatible charger with a balancer, you would charge the pack through this connector. Thunder Power sells such charging systems.

You can also check the voltage of the individual cells through this connector.

Since you don't have a balancing charger, you can charge the battery through the 2-pin connector. You can still use the balancer connector to check the voltage of the individual cells from time to time to make sure the pack is in balance. If you ever find the cells are out of balance, you can charge the individual cells one at a time through the balancer connector.

- Jeff
Old 08-13-2006, 06:01 PM
zope_pope

Default RE: How do you charge this thing!! Help, Newbie to Lipos

Thanks for the info. It makes sense. Have a good one!