Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

EZ Star Newbe Question about Control Surfaces

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

EZ Star Newbe Question about Control Surfaces

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
itskeith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Star Newbe Question about Control Surfaces

Hello E-Fliers,

I am in the process of building my 2nd Easy Star. The first one taught me how to fly (and crash), but it is just looking very tired and quite heavy with all the patches. Here is my question, are both the rudder and elevator control surfaces left just the way they are out of the box, or, are the ends of the moving surfaces (one in the case of the rudder) clipped, to all them to move more fully. On my first Star I cut the whole rudder and elevator control surfaces and hinged them with tape, it worked OK but was this what I was supposed to do?. I really looked at the instructions and could not find anything about cutting or hinging the control surfaces. They, the control surfaces just seem like they don't move much.

Thanks in advance,

ItsKeith

Old 08-19-2006, 07:41 AM
highflyer65

Default RE: EZ Star Newbe Question about Control Surfaces

All you have to do is cut the end channels so the elevator can move ,same with the rudder but you only have to cut it at the top of the movable surface .They are already hinged.Hope this helps.That bird taught me how to fly,best trainer out there!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:51 AM
itskeith

Default RE: EZ Star Newbe Question about Control Surfaces

Hello Highflyer65,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to such a basic question. After looking at a lot of photos and taking a trip down to the local hobby store, I decided to go to a glue in hinge system. It was really simple but completely new to me. The hinges simply insert into slots I cut into the foam with an exacto knife and then you drip some cyano on them and they wick the cyano into the slots. It was easy, and the control surfaces move very easy. Compaired to the last EZ I put together, it is a lot cleaner and much better looking. I agree with you on the EZ being the best trainer, my poor #1 survived some really bad crashes, trees, a power tower, the underside of a bridge and my wife doing a nosedive straight into the street. One hit was so hard, it destroyed my reciever yet, with some tape and hot glue, #1 kept flying. I think I am going to be a bit more careful with this one. Thanks again for the info and have a great weekend.

ItsKeith