Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

A question of propellors.

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

A question of propellors.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A question of propellors.

When I go the LHS looking for props, there are usually a pretty good selection, both wooden, plastic/composite, and other materials. I want a prop for an electric so there are usually two types: slow flyers and standard E props. For instance, I saw a 10-4.7E and a 10-4.7E Slow Flyer.

The design difference is obvious by looking at them, however, what one do I choose? What is the difference between and what is the application of each type of prop?

Here is the application:

Charger flat-out depron model, using a Frio 10 (1000kv) motor, and a 1500 mah 3 cell 11.1 volt Lipo, 8C and 25 amp esc. I realize that perhaps the battery is a little under for the discharge level, so I ordered and will have (tonite in fact) a 1500 mah 20 C 11.1 lipo. So, what prop should I use for this? What I want is good flying, nothing fast, but capable of flying longer than 2 or 3 minutes without having to land and re-battery (again, I realize part of my problem is the original battery, but that's all I had other than a large 2200 mah 20C for my Brio and Kangka 3D balsa planes).

Someone at least explane the differences and applications for the two different types of batteries and what you would suggest for my Charger flattie.

Thanks.

DS.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:31 AM
jooNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question of propellors.

The SF-propells are for SlowFliers. Especially designed for use on geared setups where the propeller spins slow. Also the SF-props won`t work well on too much Watt... myself I set the limit for SF-props at appr 100Watt.