Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Parts Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:45 AM
RebelRedbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Help

Hello all, I've recently found that I am at a place in my life where I have the time and money to get involved in a hobby I have wanted to pursue since I was a kid. I have decided to go with an easystar as my first plane, but have considered going with a better transmitter rather than buying the RTF kit. I have already purchased the model off hobbylobby's back to school sale yesterday, so now I need all the components to make it work. Here is where I am at:

Sorry if this really isn't the forum to get this nitty gritty but I wanted to make sure all the parts I'm looking at will work together.

-Futaba 6EXAS 6-Channel Micro FM/3 S3110 Servos 57
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...I=LXJUV757&P=ML
This seems like a nice radio, and I think I can deal with the smaller servos, unless I am horribly mistaken.

-Great Planes ElectriFly C-25 Mini Brushed ESC w/BEC
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...?&I=LXKBF4&P=ML
In trying to buy all the parts from one store to save shipping, this was the ESC that I came up with. If there is a better one out there or this is the completely wrong item let me know.

-I might be buying a charger from another forum's buy/sell area.

-I have looked through all of Towerhobbies batteries, and I don't know for sure which one will work with the ESC/RX that I am using. I think they all use dean's connectors, but what battery would I need. I couldn't find any 8 cell, 2/3A 1150mah batteries that looked right on the website, so if I'm mistaken please let me know.

Thanks for all the help, and sorry if I need some hand-holding until I meet some electric flyers who can help me out in person.

-Brett
Old 08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parts Help

Brett, Welcome to the addiction, did your plane come with the motor, if so is it the speed 400 or 380, your choice of TX is a good one and the ESC should work fine, I would be carefull about getting too heavy a battery though, the 1150 will weigh about 6 to 7 oz. the smaller servo's will be fine, actualy better because you want to keep your weight down. I have heard a lot of good things about this plane so I think your going to be happy with it, You may want to consider going brushless and lipo right off the batt as if you stay with this hobby your gonna go there eventualy anyway We all do.
I can vouch for the 1050 batt packs with the 400 motor to be a good match and you can get very decent flight times for nimh
I could get 8 to 12 min with mine, weight was 5.2 oz
I hope this helped some, Good Luck