Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Good E-plane?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 PM
psullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good E-plane?

Hello everyone I have been flying glow for the last couple years and just was thinking about getting an electric plane to fly around behind my house as there is about a 4 acre pasture type place. I want something that is easy to fix if I crash and is relatively easy to fly(I have about 15 solos on a Hanger 9 twist, to give you an idea of my flying skills, or lack thereof

Anyway I was thing maybe something like a GWS zero because there os a guy that flys in that field that has 2 of them. I also like the typhoon on horizon hobby, or maybe a flatout, although I have heard lotsa-no-good about them.

Thanks
Justin

P.S. I see the sticky thread on good first planes but they are talking about trainers and I dont realy want a slow stick type thing..
Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 PM
billz

Default RE: Good E-plane?

Psullivan,

How about the E-Flite Mini Ultra Stick PNP model? It would be great for the area you have and is a good all-around flyer. The PNP (Plug and Play) model lets you drop in your own receiver and use your own radio and you are all set to go (you'll need to pick up a battery or two, I like the Thunder Power 3cell 2100 Mah). If you look on the threads here, it is one of the more popular, fun flying e-planes and the included motor and servos are very good.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM
psullivan

Ya thanks I have a MUS already with a .15 on it and was wanting a foam plane because the place is grassy and not good for take off/landing.

Jusitn
Old 08-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Leo L

The Typhoon is a fabulous plane. Two months ago my wife bought it for me for my birthday. Its my first 4-channel plane and my first non-high wing plane. I've only been flying it on the low rate settings and although I need to pay attention to what its doing a lot more than with the high wing planes, the plane flies great! Plenty of power and not too much speed.

I got into trouble when I flew it inverted for the second time. Before too long it got so far away from me that I couldn't tell if it was right side up or upside down. (It flies almost equally well inverted as right side up!) I ended up bringing it down in a field more than 1/4 mile away. Broke the prop and broke off the nose with the motor and gear box. A new prop and some 5 min. epoxy and it was flying good as new.