Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

flying question

Old 08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
rc-plane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default flying question

I just started flying glow and i am solo and i can really on fly on the weekends. I have herd of people flying in there yards with electric planes and i was wondering if you had any sugestions on what kind i should get. I saw one that was foam or something like that. I would teach myself how to fly. I saw one guy crash and it did not do hardly anything at all to it. I am just looking for something cheap to fly during the week.

So if you would plz give me some feed back!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
jdetray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: flying question

There are hundreds of electric-powered foamies available. Are you looking for a beginner's plane?

- Jeff
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Leo L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Before we can make any recomendations to you, you need to provide some additional information:
1) What is your skill level? Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced
2) What is the size of your flying area?
3) Do you want a plane that is ready to fly right out of the box (RTF); almost ready to fly but requiring you to purchase the electronics seperately (ARF); or a kit.
4) What is your budget?
5) Do you want something that will have similar flight characteristics to your glow?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:22 PM
rc-plane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well thanks for posting

but i just went solo with my glow so i dont know like maybe upper beginner or low Intermediate. something like that

my flying area is pretty big and at my grandparents house it is really big.

I think a RTF

Well i dont know really what the price range is but something pretty cheap around $50 if that is possible. i could go a little over but i would rather go lower if thats possible.

well see i just have a trainer right know i just want something that can do all the tricks cause the people i saw that had one where just flying in a small area and doing all the flips rolls and all the cool stuff. It also just hovered there and that kind of stuff.

I dont really want to spend that much on it cause i mainly fly glow i just want this for fun at the house type thing.

so if you could help please do and thanks for the comments in the first place.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Leo L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Where shall I begin? The plane that you saw doing all kinds of col stuff like flips rolls and hovering sounds like a 3-D plane. This type of plane is only for an advanced flyer and certainly cannot be purchased for $50 in an RTF. The only RTF 3-D that I know of is the ParkZone Typhoon, which costs around $220. All of the other 3-Ds are ARFs, that will cost closer to $300 by the time that you add in all of the needed electronics.

If you want to have a plane just to bum around with, when you cann't get away to fly your glow, get the AirHogs AeroAce (no substitutions) for $30 at Toys-R-Us, Target, etc. Its only a 2-channel plane and is about 9" long, but its incredibly fun to fly, is very easy to learn, is virtually indestructable and will fly for 12-15 minutes per charge. It now comes in two styles: the original bi-plane which is better for indoor flying; and the neweer jet, which is better for outdoors. Check out the various threads regarding this plane.

If you don't want such a small plane, you can get the Red Hawk or SkyFly from Hobbico FlyZone. They are both in the $70 range. The Aerobird Challenger is similar, but made a little better and runs $109. However, these planes are only capable of doing basic stunts like loops and barrel rolls.