Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

EasyStar motor question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

EasyStar motor question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 PM
RebelRedbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EasyStar motor question

I am putting together my easystar now that all the parts have arrived. Since I did not purchase the RTF version, the motor controller they would have given you isn't povided. If using a different model, the instructions recommend beefing up the motor's interference suppressor to be on the safe side using a capacitor. I am using this motor controller:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUZ4&P=7

With the standard easystar 400 motor can I connect directly to the engine tags with a wire into this controller? Do you think I need to add on the additional capacitors?

Second question: When using CA to join the plane together, do you need to use kicker? Does it just take longer, or will the bond not be as strong without it?

-Brett Welter
Old 09-19-2006, 08:09 AM
highflyer65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EasyStar motor question

That ESC will work fine just read the directions that come with it ,also use the capacitors, read the manual that came with the easystar it explains how to do it.When I put my E S together I din't use kicker because without it you have a little time to move things around if it's not perfect,but with kicker once you put the pieces togeather that's it.Good luck you are going to love that bird.