Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Walkera 36 - Spinning Left

Old 09-03-2006, 09:26 AM
jan.fourie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Walkera 36 - Spinning Left

I have purchased new walkera 36, heli keeps spinning left , have tried to adjust servo on tail but it tail rotor does not centre, have adjusted blades on tail shaft, much better but still spinning. Can giro be adjusted to keep heli strait/aligned , not moving in circle??

Any susgestion will be welcome

Regards

Jan
Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 AM
snakeman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Walkera 36 - Spinning Left

The problem with the walkera is theres no real instructions for the heli. I know you wont want to hear this but the money your going to spend on getting that thing in the air, you could have bought a TREX XL. I had a 36 and couldnt get it off the ground even after I had everything correct. Sell it on ebay and if your new to helis and dont have alot of money just get the Blade cp. Its a great first heli that will actually fly good with not alot of money put into it. The walkera I know looks good from the outside, but let me tell you even if you get it into the air good luck flying it. Plastic bearings, ****ty servos, horrible esc and the gyro sucks! Not to knock down your purchase but you'll thank me for the money ive saved you in the end. Get the TREX XL that I now own or the Blade cp is a great heli for $200 that actually WILL fly for you!!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
jan.fourie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for your reply, still struggeling with the tail rotor and have found lots more people with problems on the rotor and Giro so, Obviously not what i wanted to hear, but then better now than a couple of Grand $ later. This is actually my second 36, the first one with a upgrade li-pol battery 11.1v exploded while charging,I was buzy installing the practice skids, only had it in the charger for 1/2 hour, dealer only told me when i took him what was left of the heli that it is not good idee to charge the battery while in the heli, if he told me that ,when he sold me the heli it would have helped, but then he is making bussiness for himself selling parts, I will not be using him again. I will look up the TREX XL, not seen it here in South Africa, will have to look on net. Again your reply is much appreciated, cheers
Old 09-04-2006, 01:55 PM
jan.fourie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry to bother you, would this be the heli you are refering to ?
1 Trex XL 450 HDE Helicopter
1 Align 430L motor (3550kv) 1 Align ESC (programable) 4 Micro servos 1 Dual rate, remote gain adjustable, heading hold gyro

I See there is also a 600 Align TREX.

Am i on the right track?

Cheers
Old 09-04-2006, 03:03 PM
snakeman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Stay far away from the 600 for now!! The batterys alone will cost you $250 each. I just crashed my trex and ruined a battery. Not to mad cause there only $60 each. Theres 2 models for the TREX XL. The HDE and the CDE. The CDE is what you will see most people have because it has 3 servos that control the swahplate. Its debateable on which one to get but the guys at the field I fly all have the CDE model. Your looking at about $700 to get everything started in the hobby. Then as you get more baterys or upgrades youll be way over $1500 someday as thats where im at. Ive got 8 batterys and I fly $50 blades now, so my crashes are alittle more expensive when they happen. A great heli is the BLADE CP for a starter! Ive seen it fly and there pretty darn neat.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 AM
jan.fourie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, will look at the blade CP then for now. hope i get it right. Like you said there is no end to the cost of this hobby.