Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

What do you think of my slow stick.. Lots of questions

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

What do you think of my slow stick.. Lots of questions

Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 PM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of my slow stick.. Lots of questions

I finally got it together...

I have a SS

I am using a JR sport S400 4 channel... it came with 2 micro servos I am using on the SS...

I am using a GWS Lipo ESC .. I decided to go with a 2 cell 7.4v 2100mah lipo battery since I am still using the stock motor... (I figured the 11.1 v would be too much....

I took it out for my first flight and I failed to remember to check the reverse switches on each channel... and I had them backwards from the way I like them setup... which resulted in a nose dive and a broken prop... but from the few seconds I was ascending it seemed real smooth and solid...

I guess my question is, is this setup im using a good setup?, and should I go with a different size prop than the stock size... ? and if I do what will be the difference?

oh and also Im not sure if I am the only one or not but I had a hard time reading the SS instructions? .... can anyone tell me in english the proper spacing of all the plane components along the well Stick... to give me the best weight distribution, and smoothest flight?

I also plan to get another ARF Slow Park Flyer Like the slow stick but about half the size anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
pfatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you think of my slow stick.. Lots of questions

I posted links to some understandable plain english build sites complete with instructions and pic's. very helpful.

http://www.verrill.com/rc/ss/

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...?article_id=75

That abominable manual they send out with a slow stick is a disgrace and only suitable for trash or wiping .................