Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Sorry more Aerobird Challenger or Firebird Freedom Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Sorry more Aerobird Challenger or Firebird Freedom Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
dwayne_carlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry more Aerobird Challenger or Firebird Freedom Questions

I been reading a lot about the wing stall the freedom has but I was also wondering about performance not just how easy it is to fly but how it can preform once you get the hang of it. Dose one loop better then the other, who has the best top speed in level flight, which has the best climb rate, and what one is most stable in the wind, and how about durability. Also what about mods (not xport) but wings tails batteries and engines? Last question in a dog fight who do you think the victor would be. Sorry lots of questions. But I can not make up my mind, and the Aerobird swift hits the shelf soon but I will keep with these two for now, and thanks for your Help
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
drewfer

Default RE: Sorry more Aerobird Challenger or Firebird Freedom Questions

The Aerobird performs beautifully in pro mode. I've gotten it to do loops stalls, death dives, even a few "barrel rolls". The Freedom, having a bigger engine, has a bit better climbing power and speed. The Aerobird is very maneuverable though. As far as durability goes, the Aerobird wins hands down.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM
patnchris

I would stay away from the Firebird Freedom, if I was you......Been there.....Done that....learned my lesson.......Will the Freedom fly....Absolutely....Is it fun.....Sure, but it never comes home without needing some type of repair.......If you are looking for all out performance in a "pod and boom" flyer.....Get the Aerobird Extreme.....Pat
Old 11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Leo L

The Freedom is bigger, faster and more powerful. If flies faster, climbs/dives faster, and handles wind better. The Aerobird is more manueverable, is less prone to damage, and is easier for a beginner to fly. Other than making a pro tail for better maneuverability, neither one is very easy to modify with a better motor, different prop, etc.

If you have little or no experience with flying, the Aerobird is the way to go, hands down.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:27 PM
dwayne_carlin

I do have some flying experience in 2ch, aero aces a pos cessna I picked up from radio shack, years ago I use to fly gliders foams 2ch mainly, I am kind of looking for longevity in what ever I buy what one will I have the most enjoyment out of once I become comfortable with 3ch flight before I move to 4ch. I eventually would like to own one of parkzones warbird series, I did also hear the next 2 they are planing on coming out with is a Coarse air and Zero but this was just rumor that heard at my LHS.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Leo L

Invest a little more money and get the HobbyZone SuperCub. Its better for a beginner than the Aerobird or the Freedom; is much better looking, IMHO; and will keep your interest for a longer time. You can eventually add ailerons to it, if you decide to.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:00 PM
dwayne_carlin

Realy I did not know that.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
viperz XXX

i have the aerobird challenger it is simply the best but im getting a bit bored of this beast now......... i would enjoy it alot......if it could glide for long than like 30-40 secs lol also if you could do barrel rolls frequently