Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Help connection TX R114F

Old 12-08-2006, 12:11 AM
jestrada

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help connection TX R114F

Hi, I am new in electric fly...
I did purchase of TX R114F and at ElectriFly C-25 Mini Brushed ESC w/BEC.
My TX is for 4 channels...
Question: Is neccesary connect ESC in channel 4 (because is labeled 4/B) or is possible connect in other channels 1, 2 or 3?
Tks!!
JC/México
Old 12-08-2006, 12:22 AM
jdetray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Help connection TX R114F

For proper operation, the ESC must connect to the throttle channel. On R/C equipment sold in the USA, the throttle channel is usually channel 3. I don't know about Mexico.

The 4/B channel is where you would connect a separate receiver battery, if you were using one.

- Jeff
Old 12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
jestrada

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tks.. today put ESC in different sourse.. and works well!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
highplummeter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i also got a R114F reciever, but im very cautious and unsure about what battery and speed control to combine with it, since i accidently fried my other reciever.
i got 2 s3108's, no isc, and 1 G.W.S. Em300 engine. And the current transimitter. I am thinking of going with a ics100, or ics300, but im not sure wat battery to fit with them, so as not to fry the receiver.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
jdetray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As long as all components are connected correctly, the battery can not damage your receiver. So you should select the battery based on factors such as the type of motor, the size of prop, and the weight of your plane.

The usual way of connecting the components is shown in the diagram below.

The battery and motor are connected to the ESC. The thin 3-wire cable from the ESC is connected to the throttle channel of the receiver, usually channel 3. The servos are also connected to the receiver.

In most ESCs, there is a feature called the battery eliminator circuit (BEC). The BEC takes the battery voltage and regulates it down to a voltage that is safe for the receiver and the servos. This voltage is fed to the receiver through the same thin 3-wire cable that connects to the throttle channel on the receiver.

When you use the BEC feature of your ESC, as most of us do, the battery is never connected directly to the receiver. The battery is connected only to the ESC, which regulates the battery voltage so that it is safe for the receiver and servos.

An alternative way to power the receiver and servos is with a separate receiver battery. If you do that, you must disable the BEC in your ESC and connect the separate receiver battery directly to the receiver, plugging it into the 4/B connector on your R114F. The receiver and servos are designed to operate on 4.8 to 6 volts, so if you use a separate receiver battery, it must be one that is no more than 6 volts.

If you choose this method, your plane will have two batteries. One will power the receiver and servos. The second will power the ESC and motor. Using two batteries adds extra weight to your plane, which is why most small electric planes use just one battery. The battery eliminator circuit (BEC) lets you eliminate the second battery.

- Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11956.gif
Views:	8
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	880660