Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Need help deciding on my gws plane

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need help deciding on my gws plane

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help deciding on my gws plane

I have had the slow stick, I really dont want to get another one.... I just didnt have good luck with it... but I realize what I done wrong with it.... but I have been looking at the gws beavers, the gws e starter, and I also like the cubs, and the pico full fuse version which one do you guys perfer?.... and I know it shouldnt matter... but man those goofy wheels get to me lol...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Need help deciding on my gws plane

... what did you do wrong?

The Beaver should be easy to fly. The E-Starter is faster and uses ailerons (that is what I started on). The rest, I really don't know anything about.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
intimidator_md

E starter. But that's just my opinion. I'd really say go with tiger moth. Esatrter is nice. Great aileron trainer, looks nice and is extremely easy to fly. You shant be disappointed and don't worry about the wheels. Just buy some 2" replacements from great planes or dubro and slap them on.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:34 PM
jakeup20

The Beaver was my first plane, good little plane and can take a beating as well. The landing gear = poop though.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:57 AM
patnchris

I have both the E-Starter and the Tiger Moth 400.....I like both, but found both of the to be a little under powered with the stock power systems. I have since converted both to brushless with Lipo's and have more than sufficient power and flight times......Pat

P.S. The foam used by GWS is not real rugged. It also doesn't like any form of CA that I've tried.You'll need epoxy for any structural repairs you may need to make. I've also used the 25% tp 75% Elmers to Gorilla Glue mix to glue and fill in any places where the foam was misdsing or too damaged to be reglued. Do not try to paint or glue with anything petroleum based....This includes Testors model paint....It dissolves the foam...Pat

Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Leo L

Sputnik,

I agree with you about the goofy wheels. I absolutely hate them. Why are you stuck on GWS? There are other planes, from other manufacturers, that are much better for a beginner. GWS makes some very nice planes, but they are more fragile than many of its competitors' planes, and are therefore better suited to someone who already has flying experience.

Of the planes that you list, the Beaver is probably your best choice. After learning with the Beaver, move up to the E-starter.