Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Guillows kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Russ Butchart
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guillows kits

I have a Guillos Stinson SR9 and a Guillows Fokker Dr1 triplane. Does anyone have any ideas on converting these to electric? These are the new laser cut kits and seem to be better quality than in the past.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:49 PM
jimjacobs

Default Guillows kits

I have converted the Guillow's Arrow to electric using Hiline mini-6 - works great. I first used it with a cox teedee gas engine and it flew away - man it just kept going off into the distance. So I rebuilt it from scratch (since I still had the plans). Russ, what series no's are the 2 Guillow's models? Certain series have been shown to work well w/ electric engines. In fact, the kits contain a reference sheet to different electric engines that have been tried on various Guillow's series. I think its only the 700 series that have these reference sheets in the kits. The reference sheet that the Arrow I built came w/ suggested a range of electric engines. I went w/ the Hiline mini-6 and it worked great. Then I got the Hiline micro-4 and put it on a Cloudbuster (a Guillow's stick flier designed for rubber) - it flew great! Maybe the right size for the models your looking at. Hiline's phone is 919-778-6653 and you can call and ask for a catalog or mail at PO Box 11558 Goldsboro NC 27532.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Russ Butchart
My Feedback: (2)

Default Guillows kits

Jim, I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. My computer was wiped out by a virus and was in the shop for aweek or so. My
DR-1 triplane kit is the 200 series. The Stinson SR-10 is a Dumas kit of 30 in. span. Thanks much for your help.

Russ
Old 12-28-2006, 11:29 AM
JZGOON

Default RE: Guillows kits

LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT. You have to keep it extremely light. it will take some thinking!!! im working on 1 now should be 4 oz auw when done