Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

ReadyToFlyFun T-Hawk

Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Bob L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ReadyToFlyFun T-Hawk

Does anyone have any experiecnce with the T-Hawk? I was considering this plane for my first electric RC. The other plane on my list is the HZ SuperCub. Any comments or recommendations?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
tessmar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ReadyToFlyFun T-Hawk

If I were going electric and just starting I would get the T-Hawk. I never heard anyone with a bad word about it. It does not pretend to be anything but what it is...a GOOD, sturdy basic trainer. Unfortunately I wanted something that looked more realistic and got a "Cessna-like" so-called RTF that came with an engine and battery that would not get out of its own way. It was an absolute interference with my ability to learn as I had no confidence in its power (none) or flight time (too short). I wound up switching to glow, but have no regrets about that.

The only caveat about a plane like the T-Hawk I can think of is that it is more sensitive to wind conditions and less tolerant of breezes than heavier, more powerful machinery. But my interactions with the company were very positive and I still might get one some day to train my grandkid on.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Leo L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The T-hawk is a very nice plane and many beginners have learned to fly with it. However, in my experience, the SuperCub is a better plane, both to start with and to continue to fly as your skills progress. In helping numerous beginners, I have found the HobbyZone SuperCub and the Multiplex EasyStar to be the two best beginner planes. I prefer the SuperCub over the EasyStar because it comes with landing gear (I hate hand-launching) and because it has the appearance of a real plane. One step below these two is the T-hawk, along with the Aerobird Challenger, Wingo, SkyFly, etc.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
SUPERGONZO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

T-Hawk or Super Cub......both great

Aerobird Challenger also very good

T-hawk comes with extra wing and tail sections, which is a big plus
Old 01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I started flying 4 years ago with a T-Hawk and I still fly mine from time to time. I think it is an excellent plane to TEACH YOURSELF to fly on. You may also like a GWS Slow Stick as it is easy to assemble and after you have purchased everything you need for flight; plane(30.00) , batteries (2x15.00) , esc (20.00) and Transmitter and reciever about (100.00). You will be at about the same price point as getting a RTF T-hawk, but you will end up with a better performing package that is just as durable as the T-hawk and you will already have a conventional Transmitter and some experience with construction.