Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Easy Star problems

Old 12-30-2006, 04:31 PM
bhmurray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Easy Star problems

My son and I are new to RC airplanes and have a new Easy Star by multiplex. We are having trouble getting off the ground. AFter hand launching it dives right in to ground several attempts produced same results. We tried changing the center of gravity with the battery but no help. Any suggestions on what to check for?? Any hints on setting center of gravity?? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
tekajo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Easy Star problems

Make sure your prop is on correctly. Make sure you have a full charge of your battery. Make sure your elevator points up when you pull back on the stick. You must launch in to the wind. I learned with an easystar. I would have my 16 year old run slowly and gently toss the airplane into the wind. He does not need to throw it "up" much. Just a little over level. I cannot remember what the center of gravity was but is was not terribly critical. A cheap center of gravity device can be made with a 2x4 and two pencils. Drill holes about a foot or so apart and insert the pencils. If desired add extra erasers on the top and it works pretty good. I have made every mistake and I am still crashing........ But I have fun. Do not give up. If this does not work let me know. I will check back. Easystar is a great airplane
Old 01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
erked

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got my Easy Star and have never flown before and have no help. First four flights - nose dive. Had serious thoughts about the plane and my abilities. Took a few minutes to do some sanity checks and this time to really do a pre-flight check. The elevator (think channel 2) was reversed! Stick back/down and the plane went down. Opened up the transmitter and found a row of connectors and believe it was the last on the right, pulled it off and switched it and the next flight was awesome and 10+ minutes. No problems since and confidence is growing. Check the tx manual, it will show these connections. I have heard others having this issue - I think other countries fly this way but not here?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Black Arrow

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Same story here as erked. First solo flight ever, no instructor, very, very geeked. Launched and plane began a shallow decent. I gave a little "up" stick and the plane decended even faster banging the nose a bit hard but nothing too serious. Sat down, calmed down, took a good look at things and guess what? THE ELEVATOR SERVO WAS REVERSED. After reading these posts I'm thinking this must be a pretty common occurance with the ARF's. It flys a lot better now a days and it's the best beginner plane out there as long as you have a bit of room to land it in.